Copyright © 2015 Wanda Alexander's Panache Interior. All Rights Reserved
KITCHEN NOTES, SOLUTIONS AND HIGHLIGHTS
2. Removed Refrigerator, cabinets and island from middle of kitchen floor to create an open floor concept
1. Closed off closet in front entry, extended the kitchen side wall out 12" to create a wider space for the refrigerator and pull out pantry.
3. Removed the 1st section of the floor to ceiling windows to build a 1/2 wall to create an L shape for additional counter space
4. Build an Island with a waterfall ledge on the end facing the front entry only. This concept allowed seating on two sides of the island. Dining table was eliminated.
6. Install vent hood and carrara marble backsplash with small inserts of glass. In the day time, the sunlight from the floor to ceiling windows created a reflection from the glass tile that was incredible.
5. Relocated the sink and dishwasher to the newly built 1/2 wall.
7. Install a bi-fold window on the sink wall and extended the counter top out to the patio area for serving
8. The new L shape floor plan and relocating the dishwasher, sink and microwave oven from the main wall gained approximately 130" of additional counter space
9. You can appreciate the view from the time you walk in the door. The added space on both ends of the kitchen main wall made a huge difference in the kitchen.